Change Management & Operational Efficiencies Delivered at a leading Aircraft MRO
Interim CEO and Private Equity Services (ICPES) completes a transformation project at a leading Aircraft Conversion MRO. The Aviation Conversion MRO is an FAA and EASA approved repair station that specializes in maintenance, modification services, airframe inspections, conversions, avionics upgrade programs.
The Assessment performed in May 2017, identified an opportunity to improve labor efficiencies by 30% while improving service and quality.
The Implementation phase lasted 26 weeks with a team of 5 ICPES specialists on-site. The project focused on:
- Enhancing the Operational Management System, (Planning, Scheduling & Shop Floor Management)
- Improving the quality inspection process
- Aligning management and supervisory behaviors within their roles
- Implementing effective performance metrics to manage Quality, Cost and Schedule.
“ICPES are visionary leaders who were able to accomplish what others were unable to do, even against all odds. ICPES succeeded because of their persistence and unique combination of strategic, and leadership capabilities, all backed up by a strong commitment to those they lead.”
The ICPES team delivered:
- A organizational structure with clearly defined roles and accountabilities
- Daily / Weekly cadences for front line and departmental management.
- Enhanced planning and scheduling process to ensure accurate bid estimates, manageable tasks, sequential work scheduling, and effective shop floor management.
- Transitioned the shop floor from a reactive to proactive environment.
- Improved labor performance by 34.5%
- Reduced overtime by 27%
- First Pass Quality of 97.5% +
Annualized savings of $4,750,000.00